Re: [orca-list] I have a question about orca and OpenSolaris?

Hi Mike:

Which version have you grabbed? Are you using 2009.06 or something later? There was a packaging problem in the very latest builds that has omitted some needed packages for Orca to work. This has been caught, but won't be available until a later build.

Will

mike wrote:
   Hi, I downloaded the latest Live CD of OpenSolaris today. I was told it now included open sound and should
see more soundcards. I did get one beep on my laptop, but Orca never came up talking. It appears that
something in the accessibility menu must have changed, because you use to get another beep later where you
also had to press enter. I now only get one beep and the system seems to finish booting.
My question is, has the way of starting Orca changed in OpenSolaris?
   Thanks Mike.