Re: [orca-list] Problems with read all and compilation of at-spi

   Hi...
--- "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM> Wrote:
I'm having problems when I use the comand read all in some aplications.
I been having problems for a while with the comand read all in
openoffice (reading was interrupted with no reason and then

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like you are using the speech dispatcher module for doing speech instead of gnome-speech. Speech dispatcher is still in the 'experimental' phase for Orca. In the past, speech dispatcher has had issues with not providing Orca with information to let Orca know that speech has completed.

When Orca does a SayAll operation, it relies upon the speech system to let Orca know that a speech operation has been completed. Specifically, Orca sends a chunk of text to the speech system and will not send any more until it knows the engine is free. So, if speech dispatcher doesn't send events to let Orca know a chunk of text has been spoken, Orca won't send any more text. :-(

Ok, actually I'm using speech dispatcher, but the weird thing is that a while ago I didn't have any problem at all, and I'm really interested in having spd working, couse its evidently faster that gnome speech....

Well, the problems With at-spi... as I said, after the errors,
Makefile.am:13: GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

You might need to install the gnome-common module.

Ok, that worked fine, thx.

Best regards,
mk.