Re: [orca-list] Building AT-SPI before Orca

James & Nash <james austin1984 googlemail com> wrote:
On the Orca site the section about AT-SPI says that AT-SP must be built
before Orca. So, if I build a new AT-SPI before trying to get a newer
version of Orca, will the new Orca recognize that the new AT-SPI has been
installed?

If you're installing from packages, this will all be handled automatically in
the dependency management process.

If you're building Orca from source code, I would suggest compiling and
installing AT-SPI and ATK first, then compiling Orca, then installing it. That
way, if there is anything in Orca's configure script that checks the versions
of these components, it will correctly identify which versions you have
installed.