Re: [orca-list] Orca versions

James & Nash <james austin1984 googlemail com> wrote:
I know that there are new versions of Orca coming from the bleeding edge al
the time which is a great thing. However if I want to stick to the 2.26+
branch, will the fixes and enhancements be added to that branch as the new
versions of Orca may not work entirely in the GNOME version i or others are
running?

In the past, some changes have been propagated to the previous stable branch,
and I doubt that this policy has altered. Not all enhancements can be made
available this way, however, for example the architectural changes announced
recently might not appear until the next stable release.

However, development versions of Orca are designed to run on a currently
released version of Gnome, so you should be able to install them for testing
purposes in any case.

released version