Re: [orca-list] Git Says Orca is up to date but...

I think I figured out this git problem from further experimentation.
First of all, I had been doing git-clones and git-pulls from
git://git-mirror.gnome.org/git/orca
With this, I got a version with a Changelog which had the latest entry
dated 4/16/2009.  I even got this same change log when I did a fresh
clone from this same address this evening, June 6th.  No wonder when I
would do git-pulls it would alwys say it was up to date.  I got a
feeling that the above address contains a version of Orca from April
16th or so.

Now, when I do a git-clone from
git://git.gnome.org/orca
Notice I left out the git infront of /orca.  I get a fresh archive
from about June 3rd or so.  I haven't had this version around long
enough to test the git-pull but maybe this will correct the problems
we've been having.

If I do a git-clone from
git://git.gnome.org/git/orca,
I will get the response that the server has hung up on me.

Perhaps they should get rid of the git/orca from git-mirror.gnome.org
to avoid confusion.  So for now, I am able to use
git::/git.gnome.org/<package> and have been able to get several
packages this way.

Hope this all helps.