Re: [orca-list] problem with application switch and file browser

Title: Mensaje

Hi all

-----Mensaje original-----
De: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] En nombre de Kristof Nijs
Enviado el: martes, 02 de junio de 2009 22:10

Hi all,

I have 2 problems with Orca.

I use Ubuntu 8.10 and brltty 3.10, donât know the version number of Orca, so a tird question is: where can I find which version of Orca Iâm running?

From a terminal type:

orca -v

or orca --version

1: Wheân I switch from application (with Alt+Tab), Orca does not read the application where to switch to but instead Orca stays focused on the last used application. On my previous computer it worked fine.

My question: wathâs here the problem? How can I fix it? Has someone tips for easier switching from applications (f.e. the same as in Windows: Super_l+Tab and than the arrow keys)?

Here the problem might be that you are using Compiz window manager, that it's not so accessible. You can change your window manager to Metacity that is pretty accessible with Orca.

From a terminal type:

metacity --replace&

Or go to System menu, Preferences and go to appearance, select None effects for the desktop, and you will be using Metacity.

To change quickly or select which application you want to use go to Bottom panel, press control + alt + tab until you arrive to bottom panel there you can use arrows to select from a list of currently opened applications.

2: File browser seems to respond very slow. This is really enoying and there is no possibility to use Terminal because I need to call some context menuâs there.

When I deselect âalways open in browser windowsâ in the menuâs Edit -> Preferences -> Behavior, it works fast but this is also no solution because then it opens a window for every opened directory.

I think itâs really a Orca issue because my colleague does not have this problem.

I read something in the wiki about spatial mode. Is this here the problem? How can I change it?

Currently Nautilus suffer from slowness problems, but you can use "compact view" and things go a little faster. If you want you can open directories in tabs similar to Firefox ones. Press control + t to open a tab and control + l to set location.

You can also install another file manager as pcmanfm which is faster thatn Nautilus but less powerful.

To use Pcmanfm with Orca set view as list.

Thanks in advance,

HTH

 Kristof

Javier

Este mensaje y cualquier fichero anexo se dirigen exclusivamente a su destinatario y pueden contener informaciÃn privilegiada o CONFIDENCIAL. Si no es Vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado de que la utilizaciÃn, divulgaciÃn y/o copia sin autorizaciÃn està prohibida en virtud de la legislaciÃn vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vÃa y proceda a su destrucciÃn**

***Antes de imprimir este mensaje o sus anexos, asegÃrese de que es necesario. El medio ambiente està en nuestra mano***