Re: [orca-list] Flag day for Orca

Just got the newest commits. The column header problem is partially solved. It works somewhat better, except the column header is still spoken at times. Whenever I delete a message and the newly focused message is spoken, the column header is spoken along with the message, and whenever I scroll through the message list and a message is different from the one above or below it, for example if the focused message has no attachment and I arrow down to a message that has an attachment, a column header is spoken. Then when I arrow off the message with attachments back onto a message with no attachment, the subject column header is spoken again. This also happens when I move between a single message and a thread, no matter whether the thread is expanded or collapsed. The difference is that a single message with an attachment is still triggering a "starred" column header to be spoken instead of the attachment column header.

As for how long this has been happening, I'm not exactly sure, but it has been going on since long before the refacter. It just wasn't enough of an annoyance to me personally at the time to report a bug, and I thought maybe it was something that would fix itself with time, so I didn't think it necessary to file a bug report about it. I will try to do more bug reports now instead of waiting for things to get fixed, since without a bug report, it is hard to know that there is actually a problem. The described behavior has probably been happening for about 6 months or so, maybe longer, and I didn't realize how great it was not to have the column headers spoken until the partial fix was committed today and I tested it and found how much faster I could get through a lot of mail without having column headers spoken.

Thanks for the great work,
Lorenzo
--
Nia diligenta kolegaro