Re: [orca-list] Trouble accessing Acrobat in Ubuntu 9.04 x64

Hi
Actually Will, while you're completely right about Acrobat's issues, that's not what Bill is experiencing here. What's happening is the incompatibility between 64-bit GNOME and 32-bit GTK applications in Linux where accessibility is concerned, since the 64-bit accessibility modules (like any other library) will not load with a 32-bit application in Linux, such 32-bit apps are not accessible. There are ways to work around it by manually getting the required modules and putting them in the right place, but even then trying to mix and match these modules, both 64 and 32 and given the gail and atk modules are the same otherwise, can make a system very unstable and can introduce other oddities.
It's a can of worms indeed, just a different can of worms in this case.