[orca-list] Orca on Ubuntu Mobile Internet Device(MID)

Hi,

I was looking at ways to use orca on devices other than personal computers. I took a shot at running orca on
Ubuntu MID (8.10 Intrepid Ibex).. Right now I am able to use midori browser and surf the internet with orca..

Ubuntu Mobile (http://www.ubuntu.com/products/mobile) distrubution is targeted at new MID devices, though it
doesn't include gnome-orca package. But don't let that stop you, you can get the packages and its
dependencies from main repo and install it manually with dpkg.

Right now there are few bugs that prevent me from working on the latest Ubuntu MID (Karmic).. Will keep you
posted on how it goes.

Cheers

--arky

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati | IT Catalyst | www.braillewithoutborders.org | blog: http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.
http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/