Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 9.04 installation instructions via Orca

Hi Will,

Thanks for testing ubuntu and doing a great job with orca development.

any way ubuntu's pulseaudio integration is a big desaster.
If you install ubuntu with screenreader, pulse is disabled and
you can't play other system sounds.
this can't be fixed easily.
the problem exists in ubuntu since ??3 versions??.
Sorry for writing this but I am really annoyed by reading ubuntu related sound
problems.
Using esound/alsa and integrating speech-dispatcher would give a perfect
setup.
tested here on two laptops and my other pc.

Now all distros are trying to integrate pulse and this makes things more complex
and unfortunately it doesn't work stable.
The latency issues should be mentioned as well.

Sorry Maybe my mail is OT.