[orca-list] ORCA ubuntu 8.10 SpeechD Pulse Audio & wine running MS speech engines

I am now running ORCA all the time on my ubuntu system with my MS speech
engine implementation and as you come to accept with any assistive
technologies you experience performance hits on the system. So i am
writing to ask other peoples experiences with what performance hits
running ORCA and others introduces. What I am trying to gauge is the
impact that running my MS speech engines has on a system compared to
others. I have noticed some processes eating up quite a lot of processor
time and wanted to check with other people about their experiences.

The process is listed in system monitor as events/1 and is classed as a
worker thread. It tends to clock up CPU usage and time when speech is
active and I wanted to know if this was to do with my bad programming or
if there was something to do with ORCA or the other packages like
SpeechD. The other elements of my implementation have taken a small
share of CPU time and that is expected. If anyone else has seen this
behaviour or knows that what is happening is normal can they drop me a
line.

Tom