[orca-list] trouble with orca on opensuse 11.1

Hi Everyone
I've run into an interesting issue with orca on Opensuse 11.1. If I load up an application that is based on a toolkit that requires scripts (e.g. Openoffice, Firefox, etc) Orca stops speaking for that application. Nothing reads at all, no menu bar, no main window, no flat review. The only thing orca will tell me is the window title, so I know the application itself has loaded. Other applications such as pidgin which is scripted but doesn't use a different toolkit are fine. I can access the app-specific preferences with orca+ctrl+space, which leads me to believe the scripts are loading. Also, when quitting or closing one of these problem applications, orca seems to have a 50/50 chance of freezing up. I've tried both with the 2.24 version of orca that comes with opensuse and using the 2.25.4 version in factory with the same results. Anyone know what's going on here? Is this an orca problem or is something else going on with my opensuse installation?

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams