Re: [orca-list] New to the list, and curious.

On 10 Jan, James Homuth <james the-jdh com> wrote:

I've heard people have a problem with understanding the Festival
voices, and same with Espeak.

There is a Windows SAPI5 version of eSpeak, so you can try it out on
Windows and with Windows screen-readers.  Download and install  the
espeak-1.40.02-win version from:
http://espeak.sourceforge.net/download.html

eSpeak doesn't claim to sound human, but I hope its English voice is
easily understandable (perhaps after getting used to it).