Re: [orca-list] The orca script for battery status may need updating

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 22:23 -0500, Storm Dragon wrote:
Hi,
I haen't upgraded to 9.04 yet.  Is there a commandline tool for
getting battery status installed by default?  Just something
different?  Also, for anyone who knows about scripting for Orca, is
there a way to get something in customizations.py to run when orca is
started?  I am thinking about adding a check to see if there is a
newer ersion of the script available.  I would like to have the option
for it to check automatically at startup.
The command is acpi
for more details use acpi -V which will even give you information on
temperature of your processor and the chipset etc.

One more thought, maybe it would be possible to draw the info for
battery status from the same place where it appears on the panel?
Anyone know how to do it?

I have observed that although the command line and the pannel applet for
the battery status both take their source from acpi, some how the acpi
command provides status report on actual conditions of usage.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.