Re: [orca-list] Orca, gnome-speech and pulseaudio

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:55:46AM EST, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
This message will probably be the reverse of other questions I have seen
on this list regarding pulseaudio.

I am running Ubuntu Jaunty with all the latest updates as of the posting
of this message. For the last day or so, Orca using gnome-speech is
bypassing pulseaudio. This causes the speech to be slightly more
responsive, but at the expense of no longer being able to listen to music
or youtube videos while doing other things.

I'll look into this. I would probably suggest you disable/remove pulseaudio if you really don't need it,
since gnome-speech + espeak will now use alsa. I am probably going to do this for default accessibility
installs for Ubuntu jaunty anyway, but nevertheless, I'll see whats going on here.

Luke