[orca-list] Installing ubuntu on macBook

Hi folks,

I have tried to install Ubuntu 8.10 on my old MacBook, which I bought in 2006/2007. however, part way through the install the installer came up with errors. it is running an intel processor, but is there a specific Mac version? I burnt this copy using WinXP, I cannot believe that it could be something to with this but maybe it is. If anyone could please shed any light I would be very grateful thank you.

james