Re: [orca-list] Vinux 1.3 Released!

I wonder why many blind linux users get so defensive and uptight whenever anyone tries to make the operating system easier to use, especially for the newby? The attitude seems to be that if I had to struggle with a high learning curve, obscure documentation and all the rest that goes with maintaining a linux system then so should you! It would be wonderful if all developers put a priority on accessibility but this obviously isn't always the case. In an open source world developers develop when they feel like it and may do things a little differently than you might. Since we don't live in this theoritical ideal world that many here fantisize about, I appreciate the fact that someone has taken the time to put out a distribution that is so easy to use.