Re: [orca-list] Vinux 1.3 Released!

Hi Bob:
1: the need for special distros with a specific target have its origin in
the way things have been done wrongly in previous versions of Ubuntu,
especially since Gutsy->since braille autodetection have been
removed/prohibited, + since Hardy where the braille-device parameter was
completely wrongly formulated in /etc/brltty.conf, + run_brltty set to no
2: the way Ubuntu does implement accessibility is totally the unadequate
way:
people have blindly to choose their country and keyboard, then choose the
wanted accessibility feature (still blindly): alternate answers like
Adriane, Grml and Vinux may help some people whichfore the current Ubuntu
offer since Gutsy and until now is insufficient
3: comparing with Debian the Ubuntu installer is much more unfriendly than
the way the Debian team has concepted the D-I (Debian Installer):
instead of criticating you better ask yourself why does some crazy people
take all their spare time to build alternates to the mainstream distros ?
4: Finally, the problem is not one of "segretgating ourselve" but the question
"does developers still listen to the street / to the people's needs?"
I have serious doubts sometimes, and that's really frustrating,
as it is frustrating to see bad bugs re-appearing or new one again and again
as if everytime the hole thing have to be reinvented.
What better answer can you give to such persistent situations? nothing but
an Adriane, Grml, Vinux IMHO.

Labrad0r

PS: excuse some terminology who may sound a little bit hard, English is
not my mother lang, I just tried to tell you my heart and feelings, that's
all.