[orca-list] have anyone tried espeak 1.40

Hi.
I was surfing in to espeak's webpage and find that there is a version 1.40 to download. If I remember right it is version 1.39 in ubuntu 8.10. Have anyone tried this version and if so, is it more stable than the version included in ubuntu 8.10?
How do I install it if I download the binaries for ubuntu?
Many thanks
Tony
--
------