Re: [orca-list] I have installed Gnome and Orca on GRML

I have jjust tested on my Ubuntu box.
I did startx 2>1 > /dev/null&
which did put startx in the background, and starts x correctly.  You can
then use ctrl-alt-f1 or whatever to jump back to the terminal and use it
using speakup or whatever you are using.
Regards, Willem