Re: [orca-list] Freedom Scientific Focus Braille display with Orca?

Hi Dennis

BRLTTY comes with Ubuntu 8.10 so all that you have to do is configure it.

1. Edit the file /etc/default/brltty and set runBrltty to yes instead of "no, save the file"

2. Start brltty from a terminal by typing:
 sudo /etc/init.d/brltty start

3. If your braille display doesn't work edit the /etc/brltty.conf file and set braille display to fs and set
the braille device to the port where your braille display is connected usb: for USB ttyS0 for com1 etc.

After doing these modifications restart brltty by typing
Sudo /etc/init.d/brltty restart

Don't forget to check braille support on Orca preferences and it should work.

HTH

Javier