Re: [orca-list] Orca hands when interrupting a long read-all

Hi Dave:

Thanks for reporting this. Please let us know the output of "uname -a", "gnome-about --version" and "orca --version". In addition please give us a pointer to a specific URL that you're sure exhibits the problem.

Thanks!

Will

Dave Hunt wrote:
Hello List!

I'm running an out-of-the-box Ubuntu (intrepid) installation. Whenever I interrupt a long "say all" of a web page, Orca stops speaking and won't resume unless I play with the mouse, or maybe just wait a long time. It matters not, whether I interrupt by holding the 'ctrl' key or by switching windows while the 'read' is inn progress. I'm using speech dispatcher with the espeak module. Speech dispatcher with Flite behaves same way, as does Gnome Speech with espeak.

Thank you,

Dave Hunt

Twitter:  wx1gdave