Re: [orca-list] double keystroke in orca prefs dialog

Hi Jacob:

It's not intentional, but it is difficult to come up with unique mnemonics because are a lot of controls in the interface. The fallback solution provided by GTK+ when there are multiple mnemonics with the same letter on a page is to shift focus between the objects rather than activate the object.

Having said that, if you have alternative mnemonics that might work better, please let us know.

Thanks!

Will

Jacob Schmude wrote:
Hi Everyone
I just noticed something that seems a little odd. In the speech tab of the Orca preferences, both the all punctuation radio button and the apply button have the shortcut alt-a. I noticed when I wanted to press alt-a for apply and instead it put me on the all punctuation radio button. Is this intentional?

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
    --Douglas Adams