To: "Storm Dragon" <stormdragon2976 gmail com>
Cc: "Orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Installing Java from Sun Micro

Using apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
from the command line allows you to tab to the yes button where you can
press enter.
Regards, Willem

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Storm Dragon wrote:

I have gotten it to work sometimes by pressing tab and then typing y
then pressing enter.
Half the time it just declines the aggreement though.  Sometimes it
helps to press backspace a few times before typing y and pressing enter.
I haven't found anything relyable though.
Storm
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:33 -0500, Chris Gilland wrote:

> Hey guys, when I went to install ubuntu-restricted-extras, one of the > things > it installs is Java from SunMicro. Well, it brings the license > agreement > up. I hit the page down key repeatedly and got to the bottom, but all > that > is down there is a thing that says Ok. If I type Ok and hit enter, > nothing > happens, neither does anything happen if I hit y then enter. space > does
> nothing, enter does nothing, typing yes then enter does nothing.  I'm
> totally stumped. How the blue heck are you supposed to do this! I had > to
> halt the installation prematurely which seems to a broken both apt, and
> aptitude, both. I did! manage to fix that issue, but, man, how the > heck do
> ya do this!  Heheheheh.  Talk about un obvious!
>
> Chris.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.