[orca-list] setting up a hotkey to launch gnome-terminal

Hey there everyone.  I know this will sound strange but here goes.

I downloaded vinux a while ago, and installed it. I was having some sound card issues, and even orca was dropping out a lot.  well, I then when and got the actual ubuntu live cd, and installed that. this one works much better.  why this is? I just don't know.  anyway, I want to know how to immulate something they had on the vinux cd.  they had it to wair if you wanted to launch gnome-terminal, you could press I think it was ctrl+shift+t  I want to know how they did this, cause I am finding myself using terminal quite a bit.  anyone that can help with this would be graitly apprecaited, thanks in advance.