Re: [orca-list] keyboard layouts

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 04:55:09PM -0500, Jacob Schmude wrote:
Hi Everyone
Is there any way I can get Orca to respect a keyboard layout change?
E.g. if I change my layout to Dvorak, Orca still uses the US qwerty
layout for its commands, though it seems to respect the Dvorak layout
when in keyboard learn mode. However, I'm unable to get any of the
hotkeys to respect this change no matter how I attempt to set them.

What you want to do is change the keymap in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Not in the gnome preferences. I have this in
mine for example:
        option "XkbVariant" "dvorak"

        This is in the keyboard section of the file.