Re: [orca-list] OpenSolaris b129 looking good for testing

Hi Michael:

Yes your idea for a page is the sort of thing I was thinking of. My only question would be the check boxes for state (LiveCD/installer/installed) might need to be a three way thing Works/partly/broken. The reason for partly is that if other accessibility should be added to opensolaris then only part may be broken and so may not affect all users. Notes is certainly useful.

Yesterday, I added a "Dashboard" section to http://live.gnome.org/Orca/OpenSolaris as a possibility. The notion is not to provide detailed exhaustive testing, but more of a rough guide for whether one might want to upgrade to or install a given build.

I also put up a set of smoke tests I try to run each build as a quick sanity check. They don't take too long to run.

operating system). Will any suggestions on how I would help, would LiveCD/LiveUSB testing be useful?

I think so. Getting more testing of even the live images would be fine. But, as Joanie mentions, you can burn the *.iso to a DVD and it will still act as a bootable live disc. The only issue is whether you have a DVD drive in your machine or not. :-)

I think time for the accessibility list for opensolaris, I thought I was a member of it but I haven't received a message from it for quite some time.

It's a lot lower traffic than this list.  :-)

Thanks!

Will

Michael Whapples