Re: [orca-list] Braille on ArchLinux

Zachary Kline <kline zachary gmail com> wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get Braille support working under
ArchLinux with an APH refreshabraille.  brltty seems to work just fine on
the console, but even with the Braille option checked in the Orca
preferences, I see "screen not in text mode".

Do you have /etc/brlapi.key installed and readable by the user who invokes
Orca?

If you have the BRLTTY sources, there's a brlapi test program that you can run
to find out whether Brlapi is working on your system.

If that doesn't help, configure Orca to collect debugging output and take a
look at it. Instructions for debugging are on the Orca wiki.