Re: [orca-list] autogen errors?

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:09:34PM +1000, Jason White wrote:
Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:

Gnome desktop is installed, and I'm on debian lenny. I just did a
safe-upgrade. So, how do I update these packages, and why isn't orca
finding gnome-desktop?

You can upgrade them from Debian Squeeze or Debian Sid. In Debian
experimental, which you can add to your /etc/apt/sources.list, you'll find
Orca 2.27.5.

Using pinning, I did that.

If you actually want to build Orca instead of downloading a packaged version,
i.e., you really want to test the latest code with the latest features and the
latest bugs (no offence intended to our dedicated Orca developers, but even
they have been known to introduce bugs occasionally), aptitude build-dep
gnome-orca/experimental should do the trick once you've added experimental and
either squeeze or sid to your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Yeah, you'd think or hope so, however it didn't. It seems
gnome-python-desktop must be updated. It isn't going to update as there
are many conflicts. I can't even install a knew version of
gnome-desktop-environment, so what should I do to resolve this conflict?
There apparently about 60 odd. I solved all the other dependency issues
apart from this one.

Thanks,
Dan.