Re: [orca-list] Updating orca?

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about the problems, although I know what you mean.
The speech problems are not due to orca, but to underlying sound output
drivers, which may crash. Of course we dont hear anything, and therefore think
it is orca.

as for updating orca:

In a gnome terminal, type:
gnome-about --version
and
orca --version

and provide us with the info, and we can take it from there.

Also it might be worth checking out if open solaris works on your hardware,
since it is not having the sound problems currently experienced in ubuntu.

The latest is open solaris 2009.06

a google search should provide a link for download.

It can run as a live cd, so you dont have to install it straight away.

-Jon