Re: [orca-list] Orca on laptop Dell Latitude 620

Krishnakant wrote on Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:28:19AM +0530
On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 20:45 +0200, Dominique Asselineau wrote:
Hello,

I try to use Orca on a laptop Dell Latitude 620 and it seems that it
does not work.
Which Distro of GNU/Linux and what version.  What version of orca are you using?
I run startx, I enter Alt+F2 orca, and then nothing.  The braille
Are you running KDE or Gnome?

Gnome.

It seems your laptop starts in
commandline by default, that's why you are entering the startx command?

Yes.  I wish to run Orca to use Iceweasel only (Debian).

display prints always "screen not in text mode" and no sound from the
speakers.

That almost confirms that you are not starting the Graphical desktop
(presisely gnome ) in the right way.

Ok.  I do not know the manner to start an application without passing
by the graphical desktop.  Apparently, that is the problem.

Dominique