Re: [orca-list] Orca and QT4 applications

On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 14:22 -0400, Bill Cox wrote:
I've recently started building a new GUI for my company's software,
based on QT4.5.  Several factors convinced me: it's a great GUI
framework; Nokia just LGPL-ed QT; and QT4 supports at-spi.
Unfortunately, when I compile my brand-spanking-new QT4.5 app, it
doesn't work with Orca.  Instead, an "Unknown" application shows up in
Accerciser, which reports no events.

Anyone know why a new QT4.5 app wont talk to the at-spi framework?  Thanks.

I don't think that will work for at least a few months.
KDE desktop is not accessible yet.
Although the KDE guys have shown some seriousness about this off late,
they are not really as committed as Gnome IMHO.
Let's hope that the KDE team realises the responsibility and continue on
the dedicated path of making the desktop accessible as they are
seemingly trying off late.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.