This list is for orca, and I am interested in orca so that is why I joined this list. As a GRML user I don't really want to hear all the latest accessibility issues of ubuntu (if I did I would join the appropriate ubuntu list). Likewise as an ubuntu user I am sure you don't want to hear all the latest accessibility issues of GRML/fedora/slackware/gentoo/(fill in what ever linux distribution takes your fancy).

Hope that clarifies my comment about keeping to the topic and explains why people give these types of responses. It can take time to get used to linux and the linux community, but once you've got into it it is good.

Michael Whapples
On 24/04/09 20:32, Scott Rutkowski wrote:
Actually Michael your quite wrong here.
The question was about orca on the ubuntu live cd so it's not off toppic.

I thought the linux community was meant to be a friendly place to talk about orca and linux.
Well so far I feel this isn't the case at all.
Linux seems to be for only those no it alls who keep to themselves orca has a long long way to go to be even usable on ubuntu and folks, do yourselves a favour, go and buy a macintosh. at least the mac community are more friendlier then the linux community.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:17 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Off topic messages, response to: orca on the ubuntu 9.04 cd

Sorry if this seems to be banging on about off topic messages, but was this post a question about orca or ubuntu? I feel its a question about ubuntu as the message asked whether the issue was a problem with the ubuntu CD. For questions regarding ubuntu please use ubuntu forums and mailing lists. Details of the community support for ubuntu can be found at the ubuntu website www.ubuntu.com.

Michael Whapples