[orca-list] question about orca and the partission manager

Hi I'm atempting to install ubuntu8.10 on my laptop and after booting the live cd and using ubiquity to begin the installer I follow the steps until I get to the partission manager. Here I have a problem. There's a ten gig linux ext2 partission setup but I can't figure out how to use that instead of the main c drive. Do I have to use the manual partissioner instead of one of the automatic options? if that's the case how big should I be making each partission inside the ten gig? I want this to be a dule booting system otherwise this wouldn't be an issue. Thanks for all your help

kyle