Re: [orca-list] Orca Find: How Is It Supposed To Work?

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 11:08 -0400, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi List,

I am trying to use the Orca find, but whenever I press insert + numpad
delete (the period) I get no response.  How is this supposed to work?
It would be nice to have this work in Firefox.  Especially with
developments opposition to a buffered mode, a very reliable and smooth
screen reader find feature would help out--with respect to the rather
clunky manner in which the Firefox find feature works.

I think Firefox has incremental search and it is a great feature.  I
would just start typing and the search works like an english dictionary
and i get to the point I wanted just as I type.

hitting escape closes the box and I am at the exact place where I wanted
(well almost wanted ).  again a press of f3 moves to the next possible
location.

By the way if we are talking about buffered output, it is nothing to do
with a find functionality either of a respective screen reader or of the
browser itself.

It would be even better if we know what version of orca and your
gnu/linux distro is on the machine.
I remember in ubuntu 7.04 for example such a "clunky " and unpredictable
searching used to happen and it went on till late ubuntu 7.10.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.