[orca-list] gnowme exhibiting latency while orca running

Hello all,
I have recently started to use a netbook (lenovo s10 with 1 gb ddr2 ram
and 1.6  ghz atom processor ).
I notice that when I open home folder or documents folder, I get
"application not responding " messages and the wait/ force quit options.
Same happens some times when I am using evolution.

I have 2 observations on this.
1,  it happens only on this machine with ubuntu 8.10.
2, this latency in behaviour only happens when orca is running.  My
sited assistant reports that on this same machine no such problem
happens when orca is not running.

So is this a known bug?

As a side note, I have set orca to auto start at system startup.  should
I stop this from happening?

If yes what should I do to have the auto start of orca disabled?
This has been a really interesting problem for me and I hope perhaps
will give more insight in what could be happening.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.