Re: [orca-list] orca build questions

GAIL has been moved into GTK+, so you should no longer need to build/install it. In fact, doing so might conflict with the GAIL that comes with GTK+.

Will

Daniel Dalton wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 03:20:02PM -0400, aerospace1028 hotmail com wrote:
   greetings,
   I am getting ready to perform my first build of orca and have a couple of
   questions.  I am planning to build to my ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) system.

   (1) There was a post a few weeks ago claiming that when building orca, it
   is no longer necessary to build gail (leaving atk, at-spi and orca).  Is
   this retro-active to the level of gnome in ubuntu 8.04 (I think it's
   gnome-2.24)?

It'll probably work, but I would still build them.

   (2) Is it necessary to uninstall atk or at-spi before building?  Following

Not with my experiences

   the directions from the wiki, all packages are built into /usr; I think I
   remember that since orca is origianally installed at /usr/local after
   installing ubuntu for the first time, building orca to /usr places it
   closer to the head of the path list: thus the new orca will be found by
   default and if there's any problem, the new orca can be removed and old

Yes, echo $PATH to confirm
   orca will be untouched.  Is this the same for atk and at-spi?

Well you could always just reinstall with aptitude, I don't think it is
though.