[orca-list] orca build questions

greetings,
I am getting ready to perform my first build of orca and have a couple of questions.  I am planning to build to my ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) system.

(1) There was a post a few weeks ago claiming that when building orca, it is no longer necessary to build gail (leaving atk, at-spi and orca).  Is this retro-active to the level of gnome in ubuntu 8.04 (I think it's gnome-2.24)?

(2) Is it necessary to uninstall atk or at-spi before building?  Following the directions from the wiki, all packages are built into /usr; I think I remember that since orca is origianally installed at /usr/local after installing ubuntu for the first time, building orca to /usr places it closer to the head of the path list: thus the new orca will be found by default and if there's any problem, the new orca can be removed and old orca will be untouched.  Is this the same for atk and at-spi?

thank you:-)

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!