Re: [orca-list] (no subject)

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:23:44PM +0100, ashley cox wrote:
       Hi list,

   I installed a debian system earlier, but can't work out how to install
   orca. I've tryed

   sudo apt-get install gnome-orca, sudo apt-get update followed by sudo
   apt-get install gnome - orca, sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

First, what does sudo aptitude && suod aptitude install gnome-orca
say?
Make sure you don't have any spaces in "gnome-orca"
What is in sources.list?

What does apt-cache show gnome-orca say?

   Nothing works! I've downloaded some .deb files and tryed to run them, but
   it can't recognise the filetype.

No, Don't do that yet, it'll cause you more problems.