Re: [orca-list] buffering

hi, I completely agree with you on this issue. the word hackers is very derogatory indeed. We must all try to cooperate as a community and not use this wonderful forum for scoring points over one another.
regards,
Aruni.
On 31/03/09 17:37, Jon wrotenderful
   Dear Hermann/Krishnakant.

PLEASE STOP

You two have been going at each other for a while now, and it is
unpleasant to see.

Instead of arguing, please do something useful.

Krishnakant:
We are eagerly waiting for the user manual you are writing, because it
will be useful to many newcomers.
Also did you contact, or report bugs for evince so that we can track the
progress of the accessibility on that front?
I have been meaning to ask you to please stop refering to people as
hackers for a long time, but never got round to doing so.
just look up the definition of hacker, yes it does have several meanings,
but the most recent interpretation is criminal. The meaning you refer to
is now out of date. Hackers is now used derogatively. (to refer to
non-professionals etc).

Hermann:
You have always been very good with tracking down and providing debug info
for bugs, so please keep up the good work. I am sure you are able to find
some new once.

All:
The point is that we all need each other, to go forward, so lets stop
bickering and bating each other.
Instead spend this time productively by contributing/improving
accessibility.
Everyones input is greatly welcome. Lets all push in the same direction.

P.S. This reply is ment to be fare, please accept the  constructive
criticism.

-Jon