[orca-list] updating orca question

Hi all sorry if this seems a silly question but I've been using ubuntu8.10 for a while and when i first installed I updated orca with the commands at the bottom of this message. I was reading threw a site just now and it says to stay up to date to do things a different way. so I'm wundering how do I best stay up to date with my orca instalation? should I use

or
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get install subversion gnome-common automake1.9
mk dir downloads
cd downloads
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/branches/gnome-2-24 orca

./autojen.sh

make

sudo apt-get remove gnome-orca
yes u want to remove the old version because your instaling the new one.

sudo make install

ault f2 for a new terminal and type "orca" which will close and reopen orca.

I just want to stay on top of my updates to orca and ubuntu itself. I regularly do apt-get update apt-get upgrade aptget dist-upgrade but last I new orca wasn't encluded in any of the packages or updates?