Re: [orca-list] selecting text from webpage

No, you understood it correctly, I don't need the mouse keys -- I
thought I did, but I am glad I do not.

on Wednesday 04/01/2009 Jon(j orcauser googlemail com) wrote
Hi John,

* go to the page that you want to copy from and
move the cursor to the place where you wish to start selecting from
* hold down shift, and if it is just on that line, go to the end of the
section that you wish to copy.
* if you wish to select more than one line, just press down for the number
of lines you wish to select.
* at the last line you wish to select, (while still pressing shift) press
end.

now you have your text selected.
(orca does not announce this if i remember correctly, there is a bug on
this on the bug tracker).

control+c to copy to clipboard

alt tab across to the gnome-terminal
press alt+e, then arrow down to paste.

Sorry if i miss-understood the question.

-Jon