Re: [orca-list] Installing Debian on the EEE PC

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:39:14AM +0200, Willem van der Walt wrote:
The Eee_pc has a card reader from which you can also boot, so, if you have
a cardreader, you can install on another pc onto the sd card and then just
boot from that.
I do not know about debian, but ubuntu has the correct ethernet driver at
least from 7.10.

Different models of the EEEPC have different hardware.

The one I'm potentially interested in is the EEE-PC 1000 (the Linux version
with the 40gb flash storage). I would be interested to know how well Orca
performs on this hardware, especially under Debian.

It has a 1.5ghz x86 processor, and they're available with 1gb of RAM, which is
what I would choose these days as a minimum.