Re: [orca-list] questions about compiling orca

On 19.09.2008 at 16:29:52 José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:

In this situation I'll have orca installed in two places, /usr/bin and
/usr/local/bin.

How can I determine which version is running?

You can type either the full path of the binary, or you may set up
different symlinks for the two binary files, giving them different
names.
I think in general /usr/local is prior to /usr.
To set a symlink in /usr/local/bin for your latest version, you can do
the following:
cd /usr/local/bin
ln -sf orca orcatest
or whatever name you want to give to that link (it is the second file
name)
Hermann