Re: [orca-list] brltty, ubuntu and orca

Hi,
Yes, you can have it started at boot.
To do this, edit /etc/default/brltty and change runbrltty=no to runbrltty=yes.
Hope it helps!
Best regards,
Christian

On 2008-09-06 at 16:57 Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hello all.

I hope somebody can direct me to this information.  Is there a way to
start brltty automatically when starting orca in ubuntu? On my debin box,
I have brltty starting at bootup; it works in the consoles and once I
start orca it also works there. But in ubuntu I don't see how to start
brltty at bootup; I've resorted to starting brltty with "sudo" in a
console and then logging in to orca. This kind of works, but results in
some odd noises and extra characters from the braille display (braillelite
40 in this case) a bit reminiscent of what happens when you end up with
more than one instance of brltty except that I'm not having extra
characters typed when I input commands or edit fields. I suspect there
must be a better way to do this. I am using ubuntu on my Mac in vmware
fusion and am careful to make sure that brltty is not running in my mac
terminal and that the usbserial connection is connected in the ubuntu
virtual machine and not anywhere else. Any help with this would be
appreciated.

thanks.

--
Cheryl