[orca-list] Intrepid: question about the System Menu

Hello list,
I've upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10.
I have an Italian version, so I'm not sure what the exact names of the options are. However, when I try to exit from the system menu (Arrow Up once), if I pres Enter the word Menu appears on my braille display, but Orca doesn't speak any longer. My son told me there is a dialog (the usual exit dialog), but it is totally unaccessible, either through Orca or brltty.

Is it a bug, or is that the way it's supposed to be now?

I hope that's clear... Thanks in advance for your help!
Ciao,
Ollie