Re: [orca-list] Possibly OT -- GUI development in Linux

E.J. Zufelt wrote:
I could be way off base here, but isn't OpenOffice a Java Application? If so accessibility is quite reasonable with Orca from my perspective.

Technically, yes. However, my understanding is that OO uses the AtSpi rather than the JAB to communicate with Orca. It is indeed quite usable on the Linux side, but access on other platforms (E.G. Windows and OSX) is still very poor.

Best regards,
Steve