Re: [orca-list] the Java Bridge 1.24.0

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:23:02PM -0500, Scott Berry wrote:

Well shoot my Java bridge still isn't working.  I double checked my work
this time and everything is indeed correct according to what is on the
Orca home page.  The only problem now is that Orca says the Java control
panel is inaccessible.  I have the one line in my o.orbitrc which is
required as well.

I just tested this with openjdk-6-jdk and I'm encountering the same problem. I
put the following in my ~/.orbitrc:

ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Under the Gnome preferences menu there is an OpenJDK policy tools option,
which, when selected, opens a new window that is "inaccessible".

At this point I don't know whether it's a bug in Orca or in the OpenJDK
packages, or indeed in my configuration. However, if anyone has any debugging
suggestions I'll give them a try.

Note that I don't have or need any Java applications just now; I'm just
helping the community here.