Re: [orca-list] NVDA Max Voice in Orca?

Hi Al:

Orca currently only allows you to change a subset of the voice parameters for eSpeak voices. To provide further customization, I've seen people edit espeak's voice files directly:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2008-July/msg00320.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2008-June/msg00502.html

For the NVDA 'Max' variant, it looks like the NVDA made their own settings:

http://www.nvda-project.org/changeset/1979

From what I can tell, it looks like the NVDA settings are in percentages. I haven't played with the eSpeak voice files or read the NVDA code to understand exactly how they map to http://espeak.sourceforge.net/voices.html, but it looks like you might just need to play with the 'pitch' line to set the baseline pitch and pitch range.

If you come up with something, please post it! :-)

Will