Re: [orca-list] How do you script Orca?

Hi Charlie:

Scripting Orca can have a steep learning curve in that you should be familiar with the pyatspi AT-SPI programming interface used by Orca. Depending upon what you want to do, however, you might be able to learn by example. Orca's src/orca/default.py is the default script for Orca and scripts under the src/orca/scripts hierarchy all subclass default.py. The orca/trunk/src/orca/scripts/apps/pidgin/ directory, for example, contains files to handle the pidgin instant messaging application.

Note that we've learned a lot about what's needed for scripting since we've started Orca, and we're currently looking at refactoring the code to make script writing much more approachable to prospective Orca developers. Our priority is still on end users, however, so the refactoring is kind of taking a back seat at the moment.

Will